Sunday, April 26, 2009

Live Music Tonight!



I can't stand hardcore music. I just don't see how people can like it, it's extremely loud, the singer isn't a singer he/she is a screamer (and I know it's supposed to sound like that and there is a method to this "screaming" but it still sounds fucking terrible), the music itself is drowned by the loudness of the speakers and even if there were some type of cadence to it, it's incoherent. I mean the show last night was fun because I love just being out with friends, drinking, laughing and having a good time but that music was like a wet blanket on the night. It seemed even people who claimed they liked hardcore music were outside just as much me socializing and taking in the sound of the muffled music inside. I tried to really listen and like it but I just couldn't. Also it doesn't really help that the people who attend these shows aren't exactly the warmest folks. I think for the most part I attract irritating/boorish behavior from people with holes in their faces mainly because I look wholesome and they think they can get a rise out of me by flashing their fake fangs in my direction. It was an interesting night and I'm glad I went. I used to attend these types of shows when I was an teenager and hated them then but I don't think I gave the music a real chance then because I was so concerned about other teenage issues like boys and girls and my stupid insecurities. Over all I have a feeling this won't be my last hardcore show even though I have a distaste for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment