Sunday, August 23, 2009

Nights on the Amazon

I remember laying in a hammock in the middle of the jungle one night, just listening. The sound of the jungle at night was so deafening that we couldn't’t sleep. The blackness was full of hidden things. Things we could hear but would never see. We were blanketed in this unexplainable presence. I looked over to you and saw your face glowing by the light of our borrowed oil lamp. There was no need to say anything. Your face looked warm and kind and it was my home in this strange place. There was no time only miles and miles of darkness. Life just dissolved before us .You told me you loved me like you had a million times before but this time was different.

We took a boat ride that night. Turned off our lanterns and lied on our backs in a boat carved by strange hands. We silently sliced through the black water, under a glowing moon that was round and pale like our sleepy faces. That night changed us forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment