Saturday, June 16, 2012

Hope in Hidden Places

Hope in a hidden places

My little oily heart
small as a birds; red and purple

I have been traveling through beds
and searching hearts from glimpses

I want to live in the dark, our faces
so close together, illuminated bodies
trying to consume each other but not knowing how


I was never truly naked until the first time you touched me
the heat of our bodies  electric

The whole world dissolves in your eyes when your hands run the length of my body
The universe is empty now, nothing matters

I could write forever about how much I loved you. 
You would read it in bed late at night, in waiting rooms, at the train station.
mouthing the words of each sentence and if your heart was speaking to you


totally saturated in one another but nothing is ever the same the second time around
Strip me down to the bones this time, to the agitated nerves underneath my flesh
Lets not stop this time. I mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment